If you're going to be in the hospital for a long time.....
1. Bring a laptop
2. Don't be afraid to tell them no
3. If something annoys you, mention it to your doctor
4. Visitors make long days shorter and happier (especially your hunny)
5. Bring big pictures of your family
6. Be nice to the nurses - try to remember their names - they'll keep you from going crazy
7. Don't be shy about pushing the call button if you need something
8. The resident doctors will leave different orders than your doctor -- if you want something done differently, talk to your doctor.
9. If nothing on the menu sounds good, ask "What else can I have?"
10. You don't need to send your laundry home - they've a washing machine (and internet) on the floor.
11. Sleep when you can - ask your nurse to put a Do Not Disturb sign on your door.
12. Make something or get a plant to care for - something that'll change a bit every day
13. Chalk marks on the wall for each day you have left kinda makes you feel like you're in jail....but it's still nice to see the number of marks going down.
14. If you're not on bedrest, find out where the snack room is so you can get your own ice and snacks.