Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our Story

I started blogging the day I found out I was pregnant with twins! (We already had 3 kids.) I needed an outlet to sort through my emotions.

My twins were monoamniotic--both babies share the same sac. (Yes, that means they're identical). It's a scary pregnancy because the twin's cords tangle so they have to be born early so they both survive.  Reading the blogs of other momo-twins moms really helped me thru those hard months. So, I continued to blog to pass on that support.

and then.....
One of the twins ("Seraph" but not "Angel") had a congenital heart defect. She had her first open-heart surgery at 11 days and her second open-heart surgery at 4 months. At 7 months old, the doctors sent her home on hospice care. They thought she'd only live a few days ...up to 6 months. Sometimes you have to live your life one day at a time. I was living my life 4 hours at a time. (January 2009.)

Many prayers and miracles later.....Seraph is doing well. She loves being with her family and we love her to pieces!

11 comments:

♥ Katinka said...

Stopping by from SITS and wishing you a Happy Thursday!!! :)

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I like that story.

Anonymous said...

Seraph has had good care at home and lots of LOVE from her family. And many prayers. That has made the difference! Gma

Audrey said...

I love hearing about Seraph's accomplishments and about your whole delightful family. Thanks for taking us along for the ride!

Shell said...

Stopping by from SITS.

So glad that your little one is doing okay. My cousin's newborn had to have open heart surgery, too. So scary. So much for a newborn to have to deal with.

Luschka said...

That's amazing. Wow. Blessings to you and your family.

Alison said...

That's such a sweet story! It sounds like you have your hands full, but your determination is awesome. I'm glad I can across your blog. Thanks for visiting mine :)

ABIGAIL said...

I was honored that you mentioned my book about twins, "One and the Same," and wanted to thank you for taking the time. Angel and Seraph look so adorable in your blog photos and I'm so glad to hear that Seraph is going strong after so many hurdles. Again, thank you for taking the time to point people to www.abigailpogrebin.com. As a twin and a writer, it's important to me to hear from those on the front lines: namely, moms like you. Best, Abby

Lani said...

Stopping by from sits... thanks for visiting me on my sits day!

Millennium Housewife said...

wow wee, I've just found your blog and amazed at what you've faced. Praying for you x

MamaOtwins+1 said...

Stopping by from SITS! I have a child with CHD - not my twins, but my singleton.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails