Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2 points for Spring!

We played outside today. Yay! It was too cold for most of the day, but by late afternoon, outside play was doable. I even met 2 more neighbors--each with their own daughter about Finch's age. For the most part, we were able to keep all the kids out of the streets. Sometimes it's hard to remember the rules after a long winter. Beautiful Rabbit helped me keep an eye on the young ones. (She runs a lot faster than her pregnant mommy and our pregnant neighbor.)

Strong Bear was really well behaved. He rode his tricycle all around everywhere. But each time I yelled for him to come back, he'd turn around and head back. Delightful Finch was on foot. (sporting her cool new shoes.) She'd acknowledge that she heard you (with a glance) and then keep on doing whatever she wanted to do.

With all this outside playtime, I thought I'd be up for Mommy of the Year. I forgot how angry the kids would be when I made them come inside so I could start dinner. It was worse because I let them stay out extra long so they were all hungry (read cranky) and no one wanted to go inside. I made them come in anyway. I'm so mean!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails