Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy April Fools' Day!!

I used to hate this holiday. A day where people are supposed to lie to each other??? Stupid. Mean. dorky.....

Then Beautiful Rabbit cured me. She loves tricking her mommy and daddy. She's always sneaking downstairs and "throwing" her voice to trick us into thinking she's on the stairs. I finally got to trick her today!

When Rabbit came home from school, I told her she had to clean her room all the way before she could have her snack. (She's always starving when she got home from school.) I was afraid she'd try to talk me out of it. Sometimes we play a game where I ask her to do something that's completely unreasonable just so she can practice not crying and asking to change it to something more reasonable. That's really hard to remember when you're starving, though. So she stomped up to her room.......only to find that Mom, Bear, and Finch had cleaned it completely and unpacked the left over boxes.

She came right down the stairs and told me that Delightful Finch went straight to sleep for her nap....she tricked me! She's much better at tricking people than I am ;)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, that's MUCH better for an April Fool's joke than most! I also hate the holiday, usually, since I'm so gullible and believe everyone's lies. You know me--I have a hard time with teasing.

Unknown said...

Kids are too smart. I don't care for the holiday and was glad to be left alone about the whole idea. I am no fun when it comes to this kind of thing.

Jessica said...

That's a good one! I'll have to do that to Janaya sometime. She is so hungry when she gets home she thinks I should have a PB&J sandwich ready and waiting for her when she gets home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails