Monday, January 18, 2010

Everybody Needs a little Girls' Night Out!

I went to the movies with some friends over the weekend.  We watched Avatar. [It was good - I wanted to jump into the movie and be a part of it.]

When the movie ended, I was very naughty--I left my cup of ice in the cup holder!!  I always try to "accidentally" forget throw away my trash, but Haqon ALWAYS reminds me:

I say,  "Can't we just leave it here?"
he says, "Nope, you're supposed to take it out - see they have garbage cans by the door so you can throw it away."

Hah!  I felt a tad guilty leaving it....but then I saw rows and rows of cups left behind from my fellow movie goers.  I knew it!  I mean...they have people who do that, right?  If we all cleaned up our own messes, the movie theater might decide to cut back.  Think of the poor people who might lose their jobs if I don't leave my popcorn bucket on the floor!  I probably saved someone's job!! You're welcome!

[Haqon worked in a movie theater when he was in highschool.  So, I have to defer to his expertise.  Still it felt good to let it go just this once...]



  Fun to see friends I hadn't been out with in a while, too.  If you haven't seen Avatar, go see it.  and the 3D was great :)

3 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

When I go to the movie theater-- or a restaurant-- or the changing room at Kohl's-- I find I am suddenly EVERYBODY ELSE'S MOTHER. My OCD kicks into high gear and I start cleaning left and right. Nothing is off limits! I obviously need to take a chill pill.

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Safire said...

I never leave my cup behind because I always get a large for the free refills. :)

Plus, it's been awhile since I've seen a movie. AND I have one eye that is super bad (prescription wise) it throws off my depth perception just enough that 3D stuff is just fuzzy to me. I don't see it at all. Boo.

Glad you had a good time!

Lora said...

I accidentally leave my cup all the time :)

We're going to Avatar tomorrow--good to see another positive review!

Visiting from SITS--have a good one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails