Sunday, January 25, 2009

Seraph's Homecoming Postponed

Since Friday night, Seraph's respiratory rate has been too high.  They think she might be aspirating some of the stomach acid from her reflux.   Until her respiration rate comes down, they won't even consider sending her home.  She has been on the 3rd floor instead of the ICU since last Wednesday.  They aren't sending her back to the ICU at this time. We'll know more tomorrow.

We're disappointed--esp Beautiful Rabbit who was excited to have Seraph home for her 9th birthday (Tuesday).

While we want her home as soon as possible, we also want her to be able to stay home when she comes home.  In that respect, maybe it'll be better to get her intestinal surgery done now instead of next month.  I've been worried about how hard it would be to hand her over to the surgeons after having her home for a few weeks.  ...and we have been praying that she'll be able to come home and stay home.  Maybe this will be better.

When her reflux and medicine-withdrawal aren't bugging her, Seraph is a very happy little girl. I wish I had better news for you.


Safire said...

Sorry to hear that it's been postponed! I was really hoping this is it for her for awhile. And you're right...maybe it would be better just to do her surgery there and then she can be home for a long long time. Still praying for you guys!

Amy said...

You and she are still in our prayers. And we appreciate news, even when it isn't as good as you'd like. Thanks :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails