Sunday, January 11, 2009

Please Pray for Seraph...

Seraph is having another test this week - an MRI on her heart.

The cardiologists are worried about the blood vessel that returns the blood from the lungs to the heart.  They think it might be too small.  Think of a garden hose.  You know how the water spurts out faster when you cover the end part way with your finger?  It's like that.

They aren't positive that it's too small, but they're very concerned about it.  After the MRI they'll know more.  They'll know if she can be sent home and wait for it to grow.  OR They'll know if she needs to have another open heart surgery to widen the vessel BEFORE she can come home.(!!!!)

We want what's best for her....but we're so tired of having her gone.  We're really hoping that it'll be something she can grow out of on her own.  It's really critical because that same blood vessel will have to carry even more blood after her next heart surgery (the  Fontan).  And we don't want too much pressure in her heart.

Please pray for her and for her cardiologists.  The MRI will be scheduled for sometime this week.

oh, they're pretty sure she does NOT have an infection.  Her symptoms were from trying to wean her off some of her anti-anxiety drugs too quickly.  They've slowed down the weaning process and she seems to be doing better.  She should be weaned off those drugs in 3-4 weeks. (Unless she has another surgery.)


Safire said...

We'll be thinking of you guys!

Paige said...

You guys must feel like you are on pins and needles. We will keep the prayers for her coming. The video for her was a great idea.


Related Posts with Thumbnails