Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mommy Finch....

Baby Angel got her first tooth today!  Poor grumpy girl.  The only thing that calmed her down was watching Baby Seraph.  So, eventually, I dragged the swings over next to each other.  Delightful Finch was in heaven playing with both of them.


Seraph watches Angel closely. Today Seraph watched me pick Angel up and hold her when Angel cried.  I'd kiss Angel's fingers then we'd both giggle.  Then I'd kiss baby Seraph's fingers and then giggle.  Seraph smiled.  Then I'd rub Angel's arm and then rub Seraph's arm.  (Seraph doesn't like being held....and she's not sure if she likes being touched.)

Seraph was OK up until the point where Angel started grabbing Seraph's arm and leg. (who can resist grabbing a wiggly baby's leg?).  Then Seraph started looking distressed.  Being a mommy-mom, I immediately boosted Angel up so she could play with the animals on the mobile.  Then Seraph didn't have to worry about being touched, but still got to watch baby Angel.  Seraph LOVED watching Angel play with toys.


My favorite part of the night was just before bedtime.  The twins sat by me - Seraph in Angel's chair and Angel sitting unaided on the floor (her newest trick).  We put on a CD (thanks to Beautiful Rabbit's cousin) and then the kids + Haqon danced wildly around the room.  Then they played the jump off daddy's back game.  Seraph took it all in. It felt happy.

3 comments:

Safire said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun together! :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet family. Gma

Paige said...

How cool that Finch likes to be so helpful and play with her baby sister. I loved watching the video.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails