Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No Problem!

I can waste whole days calling my insurance, doctors offices, and hospitals trying to work through "misunderstandings".  (There seems to be a misunderstanding--I don't owe you money.)

Yesterday, a medical-related company called me with a RECORDING telling me I needed to call them back ASAP.  The recording had already started when I answered the phone.  It was on continuous loop.  Confusing! So, I called back.  Was on hold.  They asked for personal info to verify my info!!  (Hey, you called me!) We sorted that out then they transfered me to the department that wanted to verify things with me.

That's when they accidentally hung up on me.  I had to call back.  Normally I'd be totally "GRRRRRRRRrrrrr'ing" by that point.  Instead I just pedaled harder.  That's right - they happened to call when I was on my exercise bike!  By the time I sorted through the mess, I'd burned an *extra* 150 calories and gone an extra 2 miles.

Instead of feeling frustrated and aggravated and harassed, I felt refreshed and ready to take on the world.  Now I'm not saying I'm going to jump on the exercise bike every time I have to call someone.  [Thank heavens I wasn't panting :p]  But it was really cool :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails