Thursday, January 6, 2011

One little, two little, three little...

ninjas-in-training
Delightful Finch woke me up around 5am.  She seemed upset but I couldn't understand what she was saying.  I gave her hugs, told her the sun wasn't up yet, and sent her back to bed. Two hours later I came downstairs to find her eating dry cereal and watching Dora.
I'm pretty sure she just stayed up.  She's crashed on the couch tonight. I hope she isn't having nightmares again.
She still refuses to use any potty but the one in the kids' bathroom.  Instead of diapers or pull-ups, I've been putting her in swim diapers. They're great because they really don't work.  She peed in the first one and it leaked all over and ran down her leg which totally freaked her out.  Since that first time she's been keeping the swim diapers bone dry.  She comes and tells me when she needs to go potty....almost like she's asking for permission.  She hasn't gotten to the point where she just goes by herself.  I'm plan to leave her in the swim diapers for a week or two.
Seraph's speech therapist came today with lots of presents!  (little cups of food!) We discovered that Seraph hates Nutella and deviled chicken slightly less than she hates other food. She also cries when she's thirsty and can't reach her sippy-cup.  She points and tugs on your hand 'til you get in the right spot and hand it to her.
We watched Dora the Explorer while waiting for the therapist to arrive.  Seraph picked up some new words: "backpack" and "ya!!"
It was a good day :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails