Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Like a Quilt

Angel.
I took her to get her stitches out.  It was FREEZING cold today!!  Delightful Finch threw a fit when I threw her coat on Angel and headed for the car without her.  It was not OK.

Angel fell asleep in the car, slept through check-in, slept through 20 minutes of Tom & Jerry cartoons (wow, they still play those??), and slept through all but the last snip of the stitches removal.  Her room in the ER was a luxury suite compared to the hospital room I lived in for the 6 weeks before her birth.  It was huge!!  The attached bathroom was twice as nice, too.  *sniff* *sniff*

When I mentioned that to the nurse, she said that sometimes people stay a long time in the hospital for monoamniotic twins.  That's what I was in for!  I didn't get a chance to ask her how she knew about momo twins and their inpatient stays.  (www.monoamniotic.org is working again - yay :))

Angel, looking for her one true love, dropped one shoe in the ER drop-off zone.  Luckily we stopped at the pharmacy so I noticed before we got home.  No prince, but no one had run over her shoe either.

At home, Delightful Finch was jealous of Angel's hospital ID tag (around her ankle--the first one she'd had since birth....Seraph gets them all the time).  I figured if Finch could share her coat, then Angel could share her ID tag.  So, I slipped it off and gave it to Finch.  She pulled up a chair and cried cuz she couldn't get it over her ankle.  I guess the novelty wore off cuz it's sleeping on the floor tonight instead of next to her pillow with her other treasures :)

Glad Angel's finger is stitch-less again :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hooray for no strings! Although she's so cute she could have been a hand-stitched doll :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails